A top rated, fully qualified and experienced chimney sweep
Chimney Sweeping in Sussex and surrounding areas
I provide a professional and efficient chimney sweeping service. I sweep in Sussex and the surrounding areas, with valued repeat customers in Brighton, Hove, Burgess Hill, Seaford, Worthing, Uckfield, Lancing, Shoreham by Sea and Southwick.
A basic chimney sweep starts at £70.
I am a fully insured Hetas approved master chimney sweep, with many years of experience sweeping all kinds of chimneys and appliances.
As a master chimney sweep I specialise in wood burners, open fires, Agas, Rayburns, biomass systems and inglenooks for domestic and commercial premises.
If you have just moved into a new home and are worried about your fire or chimney? Give me a call, 07825 163864, I’d love to help.
Expert chimney cleaning
I use the best modern chimney sweeping equipment, industry standard brushes and a Hepa filter chimney sweep vacuum. At the end of every chimney sweep, I perform a free chimney smoke test to make sure your fire is working correctly. I also issue a chimney sweep certificate, which most home insurance policies require. This is your proof that your chimney has been checked and swept by a qualified chimney sweep.
From £100 - £150
- My work is fully insured.
- I am fully qualified.
- I leave no mess.
- I am very experienced.
- I give chimney care advice.
Why do I need my chimney swept?
Anything that is maintained regularly performs at its best. The same is true of your chimney.
A well-used chimney naturally builds up a layer of soot along the walls. However, without proper maintenance and care this soot gets thicker and thicker and eventually clogs or damages the chimney. With enough soot build up, your chimney can actually catch on fire.
Poorly maintained chimneys produce poor fires, and cost more to run. They regularly go out and burn inefficiently. When a chimney isn’t working correctly all the fumes and smoke can’t escape out of the chimney pot. So over time, they leak back into your home filling it up with nasty CO2, carbon monoxide gas. This is a poisonous gas that is colourless and odourless and extremely deadly.
- Your fire doesn’t draw well.
- Your fire keeps going out.
- Bits of debris are falling down the chimney into your fireplace.
- There is a bad smell coming from the fireplace.
- You can hear bird noises coming from inside your chimney.
- You can see birds going in and out of your chimney pot.
- Smoke fills the room every time you light a fire.
- There is a fine layer of black soot in your home.